04 January 2010

Somehow everything's gonna fall right into place.... If we only had a way to make it all fall faster everyday....

well, i guess it is about time i start this blog.... even though i am so overwhelmed with ideas and topics i have no idea where to begin. no time like the present, right?? here i sit, in the bonus room of my rent's house watching the end of green street hooligans (a must if you have not seen it) procrastinating about the many things i should be doing by writing my first blog.

this blog was set up for me by a friend probably about 10 months ago, ironically enough she has not spoken to me since i moved home- fancy that. either way, i had her set it up for me because i thought it would be a good idea for me to express myself for my own well being. i could care less if people actually read this or not... i always fail when i attempt to write in a journal so i thought why not give this a shot. yea, we shall see how it goes saying as it took me forever to post my first entry.

4 January 2010. already?! it has not sunk in yet. i graduated in may from asu with a ba in human communications and a minor in dance. i am also fluent in american sign language. i had to finish one last excruciating class in the first summer session then i ventured back home to california. moved back in with the rents in the boonies to search for a job and save money.... i can tell ya life after college is not nearly as fun as college and job searching right now is pretty tough. by august i was working at islands in foothill ranch as a hostess. yes, min wage. i also was not thinking clearly and began class, yet again, at golden west college in the american sign language interpreting program. i know right?? i thought i just graduated too...

islands was fun, while it lasted. it turned out i worked with quite a bunch of old friends including my best friend from kindergarten- robin burgin, fellow serrano intermediate students- cory thissell, kenny nakase, pat murphey, matt murphey and an old hs dance team mate- alyson mcnamara. i met some other pretty cool peeps too. as far as class goes, i had about a month break which was not nearly enough. i was completely unmotivated to go to class, do hw, and take tests but i am not unmotivated for what i am going for- to become and asl interpreter. i took 3 classes; intro to interp, voice to sign, and sign to voice. rc wilkinson runs the whole show and is quite the intense, quirky, sometimes funny teacher. i ended up with 2 b's and 1 d. yes i have to retake intro to interp cuz the tests were so damn tricky. but hey one semester down, 5 more classes left to take....

meanwhile i was babysitting for my brother, helping my mom out, and also took the cbest test so i could start subbing, passed, but it was cut short when i had another opportunity through my oldest sister's good friend. verizon wireless, or vzw was that next opportunity. i revised my resume and applied for sales and customer service. turned out i could not go straight to those positions, however, starting out as a greeter would be a good way to get my foot in the door. my first day as a greeter began nov 2 after an amazing halloween trip to the desert where kyle and i became an official couple <- more on that later. i will save all i have to say about my time with verizon and my new boyfriend for later posts as this one is already rather lengthy.... so long story short- i am not able to move up in verizon right now and thus become a permanent employee. my last day as greeter was sat, jan 2. i spent two long and short months (yes it felt both long and short okay) with the verizon team and i must say it was sad to leave. there you have it; i am back at square one :()( yet again jobless and looking. i was hoping so so so so much to work full time this semester, take a break from school, and see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as when i could actually afford to move out on my own. but, as you should already know hope is my middle name. literally. so, i am taking this week to apply for jobs, try to override classes, and attempt to minimize my slight panic attack from within while i figure out my life....

and here is the first entry, the recap on what i have been doing since graduation. exciting or boring, it is what it is. my life.

side note: okay i just need to put it out there that i am a good writer- i hate poor grammar, misspellings, and all that good stuff. i realize that i use no caps, punctuation, run on sentences, fragments, the whole bit. i also abbrieve. if an english teacher witnessed this post they would want to kill me. but this is all part of my style when i have no worries of being graded or judged. its my blog, i do what i want!!

1 comment: